Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Sunday, February 2, 2014

My CVC Short Vowel Books

They're done!  I've finally finished all 5 of my CVC printable books!  Yay!  I am LOVING these books!  So are my colleagues!  If you recall, earlier in the week I talked about these books and posted a student example:



I'm currently working on CVC "a" with my Kindergarteners.  I wanted to find something that allowed students to write what they heard for CVC "a" words but also allowed them to bump things up a notch.  I couldn't find what I wanted so I took matters into my own hands!  I added the build-a-sentence factor using their Journeys sight words.  Even though they still haven't learned some of the sight words yet, I still wanted to use them and introduce them.  I REALLY liked this because it allowed me to see where my students were at.  It was very interesting to see three of them move ahead on their own after we did a few together.  They were pretty much able to complete the rest independently with the occasional "What word is this?"  Two of my little friends needed some extra guidance.  I think that was mostly due to the fact that I don't think one practices the sight words at home and the other was a little unfocused/ants in the pants because we haven't had outdoor recess lol.  Still, they were proud when they could identify a word and put the sentences together!

There are two options for purchasing these books.  The first is to buy them individually (click on a book to head to my TPT store).



The second way to purchase is to buy the bundle (click on the image below to head to my TPT store).



I'm feeling might generous today ;)  With that said, anyone who comments today, 2/2/14, with how they would use these books, will be entered to win the bundle!  Wahoo!  Winner to be announced Monday!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!



No comments :

Post a Comment