Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CVCe Long Vowel Books...I'm at it again!

I am on a roll!  I told you I would get more done today!  That's mostly because my husband ended up having a very rare snow day as well and could help with the boys!  Here's what I've been up to:





I'm so excited!  I wish I made these earlier in the year!  They have a slightly different concept than my CVC books.  In these, students must cut out letter tiles and build the word.  They then trace the sentence and write the word on the line.  I like having sentences in these books because it really turns them into a book they can read.  My Kindergarteners like to keep them in their reading bags.  They know that if I am not quite ready for them when they come, they must sit quietly and do something from their bag.  They either practice their sight words, read the book of the week, or read these guys!  They love it!  I hate when students work on something hard just for it to end up in the garbage.  These can stay with them for awhile!

You can either click on one of the images or click here to head to my TPT store.  

 I must also give a shout out to Teacher Laura and her amazing graphics that have been so inspiring to me!  Thank you!

I'm hoping to have the rest of my CVCe books finished by the end of the weekend. I'm also almost done with my Diphthong "Whiners" Posters, Activities, & Worksheets bundle! I just need to finish the worksheets part. I have lots to finish and yet I'm sooo eager to also make consonant digraph books, a St. Patrick's Day bundle with all sorts of Literacy activities, AND more CVC & CVCe activities!  My brain is in overload!  I'll keep you posted!



No comments :

Post a Comment