Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Friday, February 7, 2014

Five for Friday!

It's Friday!  That means....Five for Friday!  Thank you Doodle Bugs Teaching !





 

Sunday was Groundhog Day and I fully intended on Monday being a day of groundhog fun for K-2.  The snow changed my plans and we've been doing a bit here and there (2 snow days and a delay so far, plus we are still alternating every other day between two different groups per grade).  The AWESOME AND FREE Roll and Read can be found at the KinderMyles TPT store.  LOVE IT!  I don't see the Build the Sentence one anymore but please check out Sheila Melton's TPT store because she really has some great stuff!



Soooo the snow needs to stop.  Just saying.  There's two more snowfalls in the forecast.  Blah.  I'm cold and want to be on a beach somewhere!


Since my oldest just turned 3 a few weeks ago, we decided to try him in the 3 year old gymnastics class.  He was in the 18 months-3 years class that allows parents in and is basically a free for all.  I was soooo nervous moving him but the teacher in me knows that he really needs to be with kids his own age where he needs to follow directions, take turns, etc.  He did great!  Hopefully he repeats the awesomeness on Saturday!




Since we seem to never be in school or see our groups a lot (new groups for Monday...yay!) I decided not to do something from LLI or Reading A-Z.  I opted for stories from these guys for 3-5.  I love them!  They are short leveled stories with comprehension questions.  What I LOVE is that there are three levels for each story.  The levels are Guided Reading and DRA based and can be found in the beginning of the book.  Then you find your level by 1, 2, or 3 dots in the bottom corner.  Each grade has different break ups of levels.  I believe they're available for 1st, 2nd, and 6th as well.  Love it!  I can extended the stories too by adding in a summary based on the DRA format for these grades as well.



This is what happens when you are stuck inside the house for numerous days because of the weather, have a son OBSESSED with stuffed animals (particularly dogs), and have a bunch of empty diaper boxes laying around.  We made dog/animal houses.  Three different sizes to be exact haha.  Just did the big one on the right last night.  He was so excited to be able to put the big dogs in a house! He has wayyyy too many stickers so I told him we should decorate the houses with them.  So fun!  At night we stack them in a corner on top of each other and put the animals to bed.  GREAT WAY TO CLEAN UP!

Enjoy your Friday everyone!  I have lots of things in the works for you!




No comments :

Post a Comment