Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Potty Kits!

I have been meaning to post this for awhile now considering tomorrow will be 3 weeks since we went cold turkey with potty training.  Let me tell you, it worked!  Well it works for us.  You need to know your child and yourselves.  It's not for everyone that's for sure.  If you didn't like cleaning up what was in a diaper you are NOT going to want to clean up what happens when you go cold turkey!

Enough of that.  Here are my potty kits!  This is my car potty kit.  I keep it in my trunk along with a potty.  Trust me when I say KEEP A POTTY IN YOUR CAR!  I used to laugh when I would see moms having their kids go in the trunk in a parking lot but now I get it!  The kit is a small cheap plastic container from Walmart (I have a diaper kit too).  Inside I have flushable wipes, extra underwear (at least 2 pairs), hand sanitizer (I keep it in a bag so it doesn't get everywhere if it leaks), ziplock bags (in case there's icky clothing!), garbage bags (he sits on one in the car), and stickers!  Obviously keeping M&Ms in the car isn't a good idea so I made sure I at least had the stickers!








My travel potty bag comes with us whenever we go somewhere, especially a store!  I actually find it more essential than bringing my baby's diaper bag in a store.  Basically it is an extra small bag we had laying around the house.  He likes it because it's his bag and he can wear it.  Inside I have exactly what I have in the Car Kit.  The only difference is that I will often put an extra shirt and pants in there (not pictured).  I change that out based on needs.  Inside the travel kit I have flushable wipes, extra underwear (at least 2 pairs), hand sanitizer (I keep it in a bag so it doesn't get everywhere if it leaks), ziplock bags (in case there's icky clothing!), garbage bags (he will sometimes sit on this in a cart but we're now past that need), and stickers.

Of course, the ONE TIME I left the bag in the car instead of bringing it into the restaurant, he had an accident.  He kept feeling like he had to poop the whole time there so my poor husband had to keep bringing him to the bathroom (I was wearing the baby in my amazing Maya wrap!).  Next thing I know my husband comes back and whispers in my ear "Just letting you know your son's not wearing any underwear."  If mommy had used her noodle the underwear could have gone in one of my baggies and not the restaurant's bathroom garbage haha.  Oops!  What a nice birthday dinner for Daddy.  Welcome to my world hunny!




Potty training is going absolutely amazing.  The only time there is an accident is if he can't get to the potty fast enough for #2.  He is getting so much better with recognizing that feeling.  It's usually an all day process and requires many potty trips, stories, hugs, and rubbing his back because it "hurts."  Now that you know how it's going for us, let me know how it's going for you and what your advice/tips are!

No comments :

Post a Comment