Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Friday, September 13, 2013

How to Make a Halloween Themed Sensory Bin

First, and foremost, I love, love, love sensory bins!  We have one filled with different beans and small construction vehicles.  My oldest calls it "Wanna play beans?"  Unfortunately, it's hiding because he refuses to pick up his mess.

This post will be on how to make a Halloween themed sensory bin.  I can't take credit for this idea, I was merely inspired by a Pin from Nuturing Naters.  Click here to see examples of their awesome sensory bins!


My journey began at Target.  I really wanted to hit the Christmas Tree Shop and the craft store but we weren't having a cooperating morning!  So I opted for Target.  Right away I hit the dollar section.  You know, considering how long Halloween things have been out already I was greatly disappointed with the selection and that they didn't have their big Halloween section set up!  I found some really great stuff between the dollar section and craft section.  And yes that is Clifford eating a grilled cheese in the corner lol.  We multitask in my house!


Everything was a dollar except the pompoms, beans, and stickers.  But they weren't much more than that.  I also stocked up on a few things for my Thanksgiving bin.  Here's a peek!


I only bought 3 bags of beans with the intent of making pumpkin scented rice.  I will be trying out a recipe I got from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails!  Should you only want beans then I suggest buying perhaps 6 small bags of black beans.  You can be the judge once you see what the 3 bags look like in my bin!  Here's the end result.  He loves it!




As you can see from the last photo, Clifford and our dog wanted in on the bin too!  All in all this was a really fun pretty inexpensive activity!  We are both looking forward to many other themed bins.  My husband, however, is cursing Pinterest ;)  Oh hunny, you have no idea what I have pinned to my Halloween board!

Tomorrow we have gymnastics in the morning and Daddy's company picnic the rest of the day.  I will hopefully get a post in at some point.  I'm looking forward to blogging about a motor skills activity I have planned, mastering his "Tiny Mouse" on the computer to play on ABC Mouse, and revamping the site!  Enjoy your Friday night folks!


No comments :

Post a Comment