Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday! First week of SUMMER!

Wahoo!  First week of summer under my belt so let's end it with some Five for Friday fun! Thanks  Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting this linky party!





 






I have made a promise to myself to work with my 4 1/2 year old this summer to continue to build his reading and math skills.  He knows his letter names, letter sounds, he can recognize and produce rhymes, and he can tell you beginning sounds.  I have him working on my Alphabet Trace Cards that you can get for FREE :)  He really likes them. He also really enjoys my A-Z Playdough Mats.  We started working on this -at booklet by The Moffatt Girls.  It is a slow process because he won't sit still for that long haha.  The thing he asks the most to do (and was a huge hit with my Kindergarteners) is this I Spy Letter activities by Teaching Products.  I put a bunch of things in a folder so when we have a second or he asks to do something I'm not scrambling.  I'm not obsessing and making everything perfect (like my head is telling me too haha).  I just want to make sure I don't forget to work with him.  Of course we play math and reading games in the car and around the house.  That is super important too!

 
 
Healthy eating continues!  I love finding easy, DELICIOUS meals that I can make and have for a few nights.  This lasts us 3 nights.  It is sooo yummy!  I use whole wheat penne and a little extra lemon juice.  MMM!  You find the recipes here.

 

We started a new magnet system for my son.  It came with a ton of different magnets.  I chose what he needs to focus on the most.  Last week, he earned all of his magnets!  We were so proud!  When he asked for a little Lego set at the store last weekend we said yes.  I told him why mommy said yes and he had a big smile.  This week...well let's just say his board doesn't look like that :( He has had a super hard time with "Stop Whining."  That is the one he always has a tough time with.  We will reflect on that at the end of the week.  Also, it came with blank magnets and I am sooo making a "I will eat my dinner" one because he's horrible with eating what is put in front of him.  He'd rather starve lol. 




We went to our local tiny theme park twice this week.  We were given season passes last summer by my brother and we went ALL THE TIME.  It is right near my house.  So this summer I splurged and bought them again.  It is very exciting! The "sand" is a bit more "dirt" which is messy buttt they love it and mommy gets to work on her tan!



Today, we went strawberry picking!  It was fun!  We have a ton of strawberries now!  Good thing I didn't buy any this week!  We of course made strawberry short cake.  I also plan on freezing a bunch for my smoothies!  MMM!

I hope you all had a fabulous week!  I have made a few back to school products that I will be posting soon.  I am also working on making a yearly bundle of Kindergarten little readers.  On deck as well is finishing my vowel digraph decodable text packet!



5 comments :

  1. Looks like a fun week! Your boys are cute! That pasta dish made me hungry just looking at it-can't wait to try it out!
    Kellee
    Stomping Through First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun (and delicious) week! Are you near Quassy? You say tiny so that is what I thought of. I grew up going there and had so much fun as a kid so I had to wonder. Though maybe it is Compounce? I saw my first concert there (Debbie Gibson) when I was in 4th grade, haha! Your TpT profile says CT and I'm from there originally. I had to read your 5 for Friday because I'm a busy mama with my boys too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes it's Quassy! We love it there. It's sooo different from when we were little! There are several new rides including a water park! It's such a good place to take little ones too because it's not crazy overwhelming.

      Delete
    2. Oh how fun! I'm sure mine would have loved Quassy too. They can't handle too much excitement or too many people (and neither can I!). =)

      Delete