Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Sunday, August 2, 2015

NO PREP Back to School First Grade Literacy Packet

First off, I seriously can't believe that it's August.  AUGUST PEOPLE!  That means work starts back up soon!  And don't get me started on the fact that all the school stuff replaced the summer stuff on like July 5th (thanks Target/Walmart for making it impossible to find what I needed for swim lessons).

I am also disappointed in myself for not getting on here more often.  I feel like I fell into the trap of SCHEDULES when summers shouldn't be that scheduled :(  It started with my oldest having tubes put in his ears and his adenoids out.  That meant chilling for a few days and total focus on him.  Then, of course, we jumped right into theme parks, swim lessons, etc.  The thing that really made things hard was that swim lessons are 30 mins for me and in the beginning of July my only option for him was to put him in the 30 min class there that ran 4 days a week for 2 weeks...AT 1:30!  What a ridiculous time.  Don't they know I have beaches to go to and naps to conduct?  And of course that was 5 minutes from my mom so we would spend a few hours there and blah.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm enjoying my summer immensely with my boys (except for the past few days of fevers and puking) and that's what's important.  But I really told myself I would focus here more than I had been. *SIGH*  Let's move on lol.

Here is my NO PREP Back to School First Grade Literacy Packet!  This packet is to serve as a review of Kindergarten literacy skills.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NO-PREP-Back-to-School-1st-Grade-Literacy-1925946

There are 26 different activities included.  There is no laminating, cutting (on your part), or waste of color ink.  Students may need pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NO-PREP-Back-to-School-1st-Grade-Literacy-1925946

Here's a break down of what's included:
  • Circle the Rhyme
  • Beginning Sounds
  • Ending Sounds
  • Medial Short Vowels
  • Syllable Sort
  • Write it Out: Short A
  • Write it Out: Short E
  • Write it Out: Short I
  • Write it Out: Short O
  • Write it Out: Short U · Short or Long?
  • Read and Match
  • CVC Word Search
  • Build a Sentence #1
  • Build a Sentence #2
  • Build a Sentence #3
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short A “Jan and Dad”
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short A “Jan and Dad” Questions
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short E “Where is the Hen?”
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short E “Where is the Hen?” Questions
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short I “Sid the New Kid”
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short I “Sid the New Kid” Questions
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short O “My Mom’s Job”
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short O “My Mom’s Job” Questions
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short U “The Pug in the Tub”
  • CVC Decodable Text: Short U “The Pug in the Tub” Questions 
I am excited to pull this out for my incoming first graders as a review and to see where they are after the summer.  Hopefully, they haven't forgotten too much!  What are your concerns about your students coming in from summer break?  Are you worried their skills have slipped since June?  What do you do to get them back on track?  I love hearing your ideas!  Keep an eye out for more of my Back-to School activities!




No comments :

Post a Comment