Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Syllable Sorting

My firsties are a tough group for me this year.  I have all boys.  5 of them to be exact.  Keeping their focus (especially with my behavior issues) is tough.  I've found that they respond well to anything hands on.  We are also using Leveled Literacy Intervention Kits by Fountas And Pinnell (not too sure how I feel about them).  Several of the lessons have had syllables as their phonics part.  The kids, and myself, are bored with the pictures they have us sorting.  I decided to make my own activities!  So far, I have created 4 different themed syllable sorting activities.  I used these super adorable graphics from The Pink Cat Studio's store at TPT.  The boys loved it! It was perfect for small group.  They liked clapping out the syllables and looking at the different animals.  You can find the four different versions at my TPT store.




Here are my firsties enjoying the Aquarium Syllable Sort!

No comments :

Post a Comment