Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday!

TGIF folks...TGIF.  I don't know about you but I don't know how we're going to handle four more days of school next week before spring break!  Thanks again to Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting this linky party!








 

Lately, we have been struggling with getting our students to either use ONLY what's important in a summary or to even find what's important.  A colleague found this (not sure where) and it has helped.  I added the "Why" and "How" because they needed it.  It helped my students realize the important pieces of information, especially for the non-fiction text about the Seven New Wonders.  They were struggling with how to put all seven into one summary.  This helped them think of what was important for each New Wonder and create two sentences for each.  I'm excited!  I want them to get to the point where they just automatically think of these questions in their heads!
 

My first graders really enjoyed their /PH/ book! It's the perfect activity for Wednesday when we only see each other for about 10/15 minutes.  Next week, we will be doing our /CK/ book on a Wednesday too!  Click here to get your own!


 

Omg love this!  I've done it with my second and first graders and it turned out great!  My first graders need to finish theirs but I was so proud that they could fill it in by themselves!  I love that it really got them thinking.  Pick one up here.



Another peek at what my first graders wrapped up this week.  This is from my new consonant digraph packet that I haven't been able to post yet but I will soon!  It was good to see them really use their decoding skills to figure out those tricky words.  I was proud!



Wrapped up Bossy R with my third and second graders this week. They both really enjoyed playing this jeopardy game.  It was a great way to end the unit!

Well folks I hope you enjoy your weekend!  I'm off to put the final touches on my consonant digraph unit and hopefully post tonight!



No comments :

Post a Comment