Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Friday, March 14, 2014

Five for Friday!

Grrr I was so sleepy last Friday that I didn't get to do this!  And then I thought I'd post late on Saturday but was exhausted again! Thank you Doodle Bugs Teaching!








 

My 3 year old had to make a leprechaun trap for school.  Then I had to tell him what a leprechaun was and why he had to catch one haha.  He did such a great job with minimum parental help.  That's right PARENTS.  My child did HIS project by HIMSELF.  Lucky for me, he didn't pick up on the fact that most of the other traps are large, complicated, and in no way created by a pre-schooler.  As a parent and an educator this drives me nuts!



No pic for this but my 9 month old is trouble.  He is getting into EVERYTHING!  His brother's toys, my work bag, dog food, etc.  I even purposely picked up the dog dish off the floor and he STILL found the ONE PIECE OF DOG FOOD that fell off.  Let's not forget that he is becoming a daredevil.  He's pulling himself up on everything and is now holding on with one hand.  Yesterday he was holding onto the train table one handed (his favorite hang out).  I motioned for him to come over to me and he actually let go, stood there for a second, and then fell into my arms.  Crazy baby!  He's lucky he's so stinking cute ;)



Short 'i' and short 'o' overload!  For some reason it took us (my kindergarteners) foreverrrr to get through short 'i' so I decided to cram short 'o' into a few days.  I usually have them do the short vowel sentence building book on their own but we completed the short o one together.  It was actually really great and quick.  They've been working hard on short vowels in their classrooms so I'm eager to dive into digraphs and magic e.




Speaking of consonant digraphs, we've been reading about "Chompin' Charlie" and "Shopping Shirley!"  Cara Carroll created a really fun unit filled with decodable stories and a TON of sorts!  My first graders are loving the stories.  Of course using highlighters to highlight all the /CH/ or /SH/ words increases the excitement! Click here to pick it up for yourself!



I'm STILL trying to organize all of the great materials that I've collected over the past few years.  I have a million binders and plastic page protectors!  Okay maybe not a million but there's a LOT!  It takes a lot of prep BUT I firmly believe in organizing something like this as you go.  I can't tell you how happy I was when I started this job and I had already had so many wonderful things all organized from previous years of tutoring.  It's so helpful and can make things less stressful!



No comments :

Post a Comment