Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Five for Friday! On a Sunday...whoops!

Ah!! I'm late!  I know!  But I actually took photos this week so I wanted to do it anyways!  Thank you Doodle Bugs Teaching!








 


As a final, quick, reinforcement of "Short O" for my Kindergarteners I did this fun sort from Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!  I believe I got this for free when she was celebrating a milestone on TPT.  There a TON of activities for all the short vowels.  I wish I had time for more!  My kids enjoyed it AND one of my little friends had her thinking cap on that day and knew that "robot" should go in the middle!


 


I introduced Bossy R to my 2nd graders.  To my surprise, 1st, 3rd, and I believe 4th were all jealous and want to do it too!  We started off our unit with my Bossy R sort.  I put the headings in my pocket chart and introduce the sounds.  Then, I hand them each a picture, one at a time.  They say what is is and I ask them what they hear.  They USUALLY get AR/OR right away and can place those.  The other three are harder.  That's when they have to think of how it might be spelled. They make their choice then turn the card over to see how the word is spelled and if they are correct.  I guess I will be doing this with my other groups soon!


 

 Wrapped up CH/SH this week with a great sorting activity.  This came from Cara Carroll's Consonant Digraph unit.  We are really enjoying the stories and activities in it as I mentioned last week.  Click here to pick it up for yourself!




We had fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a word find using magnifying glasses!  This St. Patrick's Day Search and Find Little Words is from Kinderkay.  My kindergarteners loved it!  I'm excited to do even more with them!



Finally, one of my very good friends has created some amazing things for my little one's baptism!  She made our invites, cupcake toppers, and a banner!  I have also recruited her to make special "thank you" cards for his godparents.  I can't wait to see what she does for his birthday!  Check out her store and other products here!



No comments :

Post a Comment