Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

Rainbow Loom

Warning:  Corny joke ahead.

Well folks, I've hopped on the bandwagon.  Haha sorry I had to!  What does that mean?  If you have any school age children or work with them, then you know what I'm talking about.  Colorful rubber band bracelets made by a rainbow loom kit.  Why am I doing this if I have two children under age 3?  For one very big reason:  My students LOVE them.  They can't get enough of them.  Some of them are fortunate enough to have the kit or be able to get the bracelets.  Most of my kids can't.  I decided I wanted to add them to my prize box.  I knew buying them individually would be very expensive and since I like things like this, I bought the kit :)  My husband thinks that I'm nuts.  I think I'm awesome haha.  If you haven't seen this kit, you start with these:


The kit comes with a package of random colors.  You can also buy the bands separately.  Don't do what I did and just assumeee Amazon was the cheapest way to go.  I bought a few colors for around $5.00 (some slightly less, some slightly more) only to discover Michaels (a local craftstore) had them for $3.99!  MAD.  This is what the actually loom looks like:



Now you can get seriously crazy with these things by complicating the design, adding an extension loom, etc.  But I have two little ones and I'm seriously lucky I even have the 2 minutes it takes to make the simple design bracelet.  And to be quite honest, my students were super excited and grateful just for that!


I added a few to my prize box on Friday.  My lucky few who earned enough check marks that day were so excited to see them in there!  It was also nice to see the kids who already had bracelets hold back and choose something else.  They were eying them but I was proud at their choice.  I plan on making glow-in-the-dark, school colors, and town color bracelets...after I play with my babies and do my real work!

No comments :

Post a Comment