Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Successful Monday Meals

Hey everyone!  As some of you know, I have been doing the 21 Day Fix program since December.  I LOVE how I look and feel now!  It's a fabulous lifestyle change.  With that, I have been inspired to cook!  I don't enjoy cooking but I always want to make sure my family gets a healthy meal.  I wanted to share with you what I had today.  It was all stuff I was able to have using this program too which is fabulous!

Morning

This morning I had my chocolate Shakeology with peanut butter on my way to work.  Nothing too fancy about that but I realized it would have been the only meal I didn't talk about today haha.  I also got my 30 minute workout in too :)

Lunch

It's hard to hold off until lunch but we've been busy at work and I haven't had time to think about it.  I decided a little over a week ago I was tired of the same lunch salad I had eaten since December.  Not that there was anything wrong with it.  It's a great way to get your veggies in and not hard to make!  I was just...bored!  Last week I tried making food butttt I'm lazy and it was too much cooking/prepping for lunch.  I found this recipe and decided that it looked diffrent enough from what I was eating and to give it a try.  I nixed the quinoa and opted for grilled chicken (rubbed with basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and a bit of salt).  I also didn't use the dressings suggested.  I used my usual balsamic.  Can I just say this was easy and SO YUMMY!  I'm so excited to give this a shot this week!  Oh, and I also had a yogurt and baby carrots.  But that's boring lol.  I should also state that I made individual servings based on 21 Day Fix containers and not the amount the recipe said.  What you see here is 1 green, 1 red, 1 purple, and 1 orange container.  Adding my yogurt and carrots would be another green and red container.





Dinner

Holding off until dinner is SO HARD.  I try to make an early dinner not only because of my but my kids associate me with eating as soon as they see me (3:30PM)!  I kept all of us busy by enjoying the beautiful day.  We played outside, planted flowers, and went for a 20 minute walk.  Me pushing a heavy, uncooperative double stroller up hills qualifies as workout #2.  Okay so by now we are STARVING! I followed this recipe (that I had been looking forward to since I decided to make it yesterday).  The only thing I changed was I added some of that yummy grilled chicken from lunch (I cooked a bunch last night) and opted for whole grain penne.  Containers were hard for me to think of on this one.  I portioned out from the pot 2 yellows and 1 blue for sure.  As for anything else, I think I probably got in 1 red and 1/2 green.  Added bonus to making this...my house smelled yummyyy.





T.V. Snack

I love to snack while I watch T.V.  I highly doubt I am alone.  I also know that my snack choices are not NEARLY as poor as most Americans.  However, I still feel guilty.  I've been trying super hard lately so I reverted back to my quick but yummy apple snack.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Peel and slice 1 apple (that serves as 1 purple container for you Fixers).  Put into a baking dish.  Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon to taste.  Toss to coat.  Pop in oven for about 15 minutes or until the reach your desired consistency.  Again, THE HOUSE SMELLS GREAT!  Move over Yankee Candle lol.


Something I didn't mention is that I drink A LOT of water.  I fill up two huge water bottle and bring them to work.  I make sure I drink them throughout the day.  I also use them at home to keep me in check.  This post might seem random but this blog is about the life of a BUSY MAMA.  And this busy mama likes healthy, yummy, QUICK meals.  Did you try any of these out?  Do you have anything you think I should try?  Let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment