Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Saturday, October 25, 2014

It'sssss FRIDAY!

Ah my favorite day of the week!  Thanks  Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting this linky party that allows us to reflect on our week!



 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Multi-Syllable-R-Controlled-Vowels-Activities-Texts-1492462


With 5th grade, we continued on with our Multi-Syllable R-Controlled Vowels Activities & Texts.  We began the week with a syllable sort and discussion of the r-controlled vowel we heard.  We ended it by reading "Pen Pals" and doing the accompanying activities. I LOVED the conversations that stemmed from this work!  Very exciting!




 

In my first grade group, we did some phoneme hopping.  BIG HIT!  I'm in the middle of making this so right now we just used the mats and some other phoneme cards I had lying around.  Can't wait to do my official packet.

 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Vowel-Digraph-Posters-1329151

My 3rd graders and I started working on vowel digraphs.  Some of them worked on this with me last year so I was excited to use some new things on them.  I have to tell you, all of the grades are loving these posters and it leads to many conversations!



http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NURSERY-RHYME-FOLDABLE-BOOKLETS-AND-POSTERS-890099

My kindergarteners and first graders read "Little Bo Peep" this week.  It always surprises me when they don't know the nursery rhyme we're doing.  I am using Nursery Rhyme Foldable Books and Posters from Tweet Resources.  It comes with colorful (or b&w) posters that you see there along with accompanying simple take home books.  We're loving them.  I just wrote it on sentence strips to have students practice identifying different things.





My little ones and I worked on the letter F this week.  Today they worked with playdough and practiced writing the letter f as well.  


No comments :

Post a Comment