Pages


 photo crayonborder.png

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I'm Back! Five for Friday!

Eeek sorry everyone!  It's so hard to blog lately!  First, I wanted to share that my TPT store is doing AMAZING!  Thank you to everyone who has purchased something!  So thankful!  Here's my Five for Friday!  Thanks  Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting!



http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Uppercase-Lowercase-Acorn-Match-933397

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Uppercase-Lowercase-Acorn-Match-933397

We just started taking groups this past week.  After much testing, the first graders I have will need a quick letter name/sound review as well as rhyming.  They absolutely loved this uppercase/lowercase acorn match!  They needed to tell me the letter name and letter sound. This product was one of my first so I gave it a bit of a facelift.  I know have a recording sheet for their letters.  They can record them on blank acorns and glue them on a paper with a tree on it.

 

My oldest helped me make meatballs!  He rolled them and everything!  I was impressed.  I'd be more impressed if he would actually eat them :(

 




Sorts, sorts, and more sorts!  My kids LOVE sorts.  Every group does.  I like them too.  I like that they reinforce skills in a fun manner.  The book pictured above is a great way to find multisyllable words!



My kindergarteners need a lot of practice with their names.  Several of them can't write their names and if they can, they can't identify the names of the letters in their name.  I broke out the cookie sheets and put all the letters in their name on the apple.  They then had to build their name.  It's a nice way to see who really knows how to spell their name.




Finally, my third graders are working on r-controlled vowels this week.  After practicing all week we did some phoneme mapping.  It was good practice.  As you can see, there was a lot of erasing.  We will be doing it again soon! :)


Thank you again for everyone who comes here. I hope I didn't lose you with my brief hiatus there!  See you soon!  I have an L-Blends packet that will be posted in a few days! 


No comments :

Post a Comment